Following the huge success of last year’s appeal, the Christmas shoebox gift appeal will open for donations from Monday 14 November. Ìý
The Shoebox Gift Giving appeal offers gifts to students whose Christmas may not be as joyful as others.
Students and staff at ß£ÍÃÊÓÆµ are asked to donate items if possible. These items will be gathered and presented to students in December.
What can I donate to the Christmas shoebox gift appeal?Ìý
As long as it’s in a new condition, there’s many thoughtful things you can donate.
The following items are suitable to gift:
- Toiletries: shower gels, moisturiser, gift sets, deodorant, lip balm, face masks, shampoo, conditioner and menâ€™s toiletriesÌý
- Snacks and treats:ÌýChocolate, biscuits, dried foods such as pot noodles, andÌýChristmas snacks. ÌýSelection boxes are particularly useful, so we can divide between gift boxes
- Stationery: notebooks, pencils, pens, highlighters and foldersÌý
- Hats, scarves, gloves andÌýsocksÌý
- Travel mugs orÌýmugs filled with sweetsÌý
- Unwanted gifts you have receivedÌý
- Anything elseÌýthat you think would be a nice small gift or treat for one of our students to receive.
Find your local collection pointÌý
Please bring your donations by Friday 1 December for Banbury and Bicester College and by Monday 4 December for all other college sites.
You can drop off your items in the following areas:
- Banbury and Bicester College: Mandy Cherry, Head of Student Experience’s office or to Safeguarding team
- Bracknell and Wokingham College: Ashley Seymour’s office (Advice Centre) or to Safeguarding team
- City of Oxford College and University Centre, Oxford city-centre campus: Aino Halla, Regional Head of Student Experience – Oxfordshire’s office by Advice and Admissions
- City of Oxford College and University Centre, Technology campus in Blackbird Leys:ÌýReception
- Farnham College: Collection box by the front entrance/Reception
- Guildford College: Students’ Union, Alfie Roberts’ office (G9)
- Merrist Wood College and University Centre: The Harris Centre
- Reading College and University Centre: Charlotte Morgan, Regional Head of Student Experience – Berkshire’s Office (B103) or Student Support.
If you have any questions regarding the Christmas shoebox gift appeal, please speak to your Head of Campus – Student Experience.Ìý